Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Do You Ever Feel Like

Do you ever feel like there is a HUGE rain cloud following you where ever you go? Or what about like you're finally reaching the summit of a gigantic mountain and then you slip, bounce a few times on the rocks and plummet to the bottom again? I am seriously having one of those kinds of weeks - and it's ONLY Wednesday!

It all started last Thursday when my tooth started to hurt. By Sunday, it was pretty uncomfortable and I was waking in the night and taking tylenol every 4 hours on the dot. Monday morning I went to the dentist and the news was NOT good. I needed atleast 1 root canal, possibly 2, and if it was only 1 root canal, then I needed 2 fillings. Oh, and there are other problems that we also need to address later. Bear in mind that I NEVER had a cavity in my life until I first got pregnant. If having dental work wasn't bad enough, I needed to go to an endodontist to do the root canal. Then it got worse...

I had to go into the consultation room to discuss the billing for ALL of these procedures... My out of pocket portion for the dentist is ONLY about $1000. They also let me know that the root canal at the endodontist would probably run about $1200, but hopefully I'd only have to pay about $400 of that cost. Did I mention that dentists and endodontists don't have payment plans and that all of these treatments need to be completed and paid for in the next few days? All I could think about is that $1400 is about what it would cost to buy the new flooring for the boy's bedrooms and the nursery or almost half of a pretty good vacation this summer or any number of more fun things we could spend our money on.

Well, I had the root canal yesterday. The good news is that the endodontist was very nice and good and what he did. I honestly didn't feel anything and my tooth is feeling much better. Then, today happened.

Today, after parking in the very last available parking spot at the school, when I backed out... I hit the metal railing with the front end of my car. STUPID. My blinker light is busted and there's a huge dent. The grill is messed up. Seriously, we were probably going to get a new car by the end of the year, but WHY???? Why today? Joel was obviously not thrilled about it. His exact words were, "I'm not going to get that fixed. Can you please do something that won't cost me money?" (In his defense, he just called to tell me that he wasn't mad about the car.)

So, tomorrow morning, bright and early I'm off to the dentist to get my crown and 2 more fillings (oh, and pay $1000) and HOPEFULLY I won't somehow fall off a mountain top on my way there.

**Just as a disclaimer, I KNOW that my problems could be WAY worse and that lots of other people in the world have much more serious issues going on. Oh, and yes, I know I am whining, but I just needed to vent!!

2 comments:

  1. Sorry you're having such a bad week Bristelle! I hope it gets better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is ALOT of not so exciting and very expensive news. And by saying that, I mean that you don't have to explain yourself. Tooth stuff is annoying!! Car stuff is just plain stupid! I feel your pain. I'm sorry you had so many things happen all at once. I'll pray for the clouds to part :)

    Love you!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete