Thursday, September 9, 2010

Can't Believe I Forgot to Write This Down...

Back to the first day of school.
We get up, get dressed, eat breakfast and take our traditional first day of school pictures on the porch and head off to school. We park the car and start walking towards the entrance and as we get closer to the front doors Jacob turns to me and says, "Mom, please don't hug me or anything when we get inside." Hearing those words was crushing. I assured him that I wasn't going to embarass him but asked if I could at least walk him down to his class and take a picture and while he didn't answer, he just kept walking and before I knew it he was 10 steps ahead of me. We got close to his classroom and I could hear the teacher talking. Before I knew it he was in the classroom and I didn't even get to say goodbye. It was one of my hardest mommy moments yet. Never again will I be able to take a picture of him in his desk on the first day of school... my baby is all grown up.

No comments:

Post a Comment