Thursday, May 27, 2010

Skip Day!

Yesterday was "Skip Day" for my two oldest boys! I've taken them out of school for trips and stuff before, but I've never just surprised them at the end of the year with a day off and a trip for no reason.

A few weeks ago a couple of friends suggested we take the boys out of school and take them to Fiesta Texas in San Antonio. The boys were all so excited! It was a fun day of roller coasters, water rides and park food like funnel cakes and frozen lemonade. I, of course, couldn't ride many of the rides with them and our friend, Lauren, has health issues that kept her from riding a lot of the rides as well. Luckily Valerie was a good sport and rode with them when they needed an adult!

It's always so hard to take pictures as the rides are spinning and moving, but here's one of the group (minus Lauren and myself) riding the Roadrunner Express Roller Coaster.



From front left to back - Jacob, Gavin, Keaton, Jeremy, Valerie and RJ

I just think this picture is so funny because Jacob looks like he's having a great time, Gavin looks completely calm and all the other boys look like they are hanging on for their lives! Valerie said she was asking RJ if he was ok because he seemed so scared!

By the time we got home we were all tired and sore from walking so much, but all in all it was a great day. I'm glad I had the opportunity to surprise them with such a fun trip.

2 comments:

  1. That sounds so fun! Let me know if you ever want to come to town for a Sea World trip! We'd love to meet you out there! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That picture is hilarious!

    -Weslea

    ReplyDelete