Sunday, May 23, 2010

18 Weeks! And More!

Well, it's been awhile since I've posted anything, but life has been VERY busy with the end of the school year. Seriously, all the many activities at the elementary school are taking up my whole life!! Ok, maybe not my WHOLE life, but I am at the school pretty much every day for one event or another. And, the 2nd Hoppin' House should be opening in about 2 weeks, so I have frantically been shopping for all kinds of things that we will need. Being pregnant, I've gotten out of all the manual labor this time around and Joel, Anthony and a bunch of contractors have been working hard the last couple of weeks.

Gavin just finished his first year of preschool last week. He was excited for the last day of school because of the "Splash Party" but I don't think he really realizes how long it will be before he goes back! He really enjoyed his Tuesday and Thursday mornings at school and I know he will miss his teachers. Here's a picture of him enjoying some ribs at Out.back Steak.house the other night. I still have no idea how the boy can eat them all the way to the bone with no front teeth!




Keaton's class has been going through the alphabet celebrating each letter with a theme day, A for Astronaut Day, B for Bubble Day, C for Cooking Day and so on. It's a fun way to count down the last 26 days of school but is one of the reasons I'm at the school every day!! He also just had 5 teeth extracted for orthodontic reasons on Thursday and looks like he has no teeth left!!



Jacob has been busy at school doing pretty much all fun stuff. After the TAKS test was over at the end of April, they pretty much haven't done anything worthwhile. I'm not really sure why kids have to go to school till June 4th if they are not going to learn anything after May 1st! Jacob just wrapped up his special film project and also had the opportunity to record a radio commercial for Hoppin' House. He did a great job! Here he is outside the studio.



So, the kids are busy and growing and so am I! I am now 18 weeks pregnant and will find out the gender for sure on June 1st. We are excited to know for sure, but I'm about 99% sure it will be a boy. The biggest bummer about that is that I can't get rid of all the boy stuff I've been saving! I've got boxes! At least with a girl I could get rid of the current stuff and then when she outgrows stuff I could pass it along. I am in the mood to declutter my house and having another boy would not help that process!! Other than that, I'm ready to hear, "It's another little boy!" and will be completely happy and grateful. I'm just praying for a healthy baby...I think many times we take for granted our perfect and healthy babies and so far we have been incredibly blessed. So, here's a picture of me at 18 weeks - taken today by my professional photographer, Jacob.

2 comments:

  1. You look great! Love you Bris!

    -Wes

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was ready for some Mommywood updates! I don't know how you juggle it all, but you're awesome!

    ReplyDelete